2nd DEBT SYNDICATION ASIA SUMMIT 2018
Global syndicated loans totalled US$4.6 trillion from 9,887 transactions during full year 2017, a 12% increase in proceeds and a 3% increase in number of completed loans compared to the previous year. Syndicated lending in Asia reached approximately US$403 billion from 1,243 deals in 2017 and refinancing activities accounted for 30.6% of issuance in the region. Increased M&A activity has helped drive the volume of syndicated loans in the region and as such activities rises in Southeast Asia, more companies are using syndicated loans for funding. Foreign players along with Singaporean and Malaysian banks have helped contribute to the increase in syndicated loan activities over the last couple of years.
The Debt Syndication Asia Summit 2018 will focus on developing strategies for thriving in an ever-challenging market, emerging structures in financing channels and how banks and institutional investors are redefining the market with various financing solutions and business model revisions and understand what drives the scale and depth of loan market.
Head of Financial Institutions, Structured Credit & Political Risks (Asia Pacific Region)
Head of Syndicate Southeast Asia
Credit Suisse Asia Pacific Financing Group (AFG)
Chief Treasury Officer
Export Trading Group (ETG)
ICICI Bank Singapore
Former Finance Director
Unilever Asia Pte Ltd
Executive Vice President
PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero)
Jack Tan Sok Kuan
OneAsia Asset Management (Singapore) Pte Ltd
MarlinHouse Financial Limited
Managing Director & Co Founder
Deputy General Manager & Head of Distribution Asia
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Director, Structured Debt Advisory
Chief Executive Officer
IDFC Securities Singapore Pte Ltd
M. B. Srinivasa Rao
Director, Structured Debt Advisory
MD & CEO - Indus Strategy
Resfeber International Pte. Ltd.
Managing Director & CEO
IDBI Capital Markets & Securities Limited
Chief Financial Officer
Adani Global Singapore
Director (Capital Markets and Investor Relations)
Northern Arc Capital Limited
Director Structured Finance Asia Pacific
ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (Singapore)
KEY CONFERENCE FOCUS AREAS
- Overview of loan syndication environment in Asia: What is driving the deal flow and what do corporates look for from the banking community?
- How are financial institutions adapting syndication strategies in a low volume, low pricing and high competition market?
- Fusing technology for syndicated loans - Blockchain to help drive transparency and efficiency
- Choosing bonds over loans when seeking finance; what is an ideal option for a borrower?
- The transitioning role - loan arranger to debt advisor; How is the role evolving?
- Identifying the importance of creating a centre of excellence for the structuring, arrangement and execution of syndicated loans
WHO WILL YOU MEET?Functional heads of:
- Finance, Treasury & Banking
- Fund Raising & Investor Relations
- Debt Syndication
- Loan Syndication
- Structured Finance
- Fund Syndication
- Debt Capital Markets
- Credit Risk Management & Monitoring
- Corporate Banking
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Corporate institutions (borrowers)
- Banking & Financial Services
- Non-Banking Financial Institutions
- Investment Banks
- Financial advisories & management consulting firms
- Mutual Funds & Asset Management
- Audit & Tax Firms
- Law firms
WHY THIS IS THE MUST ATTEND CONFERENCE?
- Regional banks will give their perspective on remaining competitive
- What is the outlook - future trends, troubles and opportunities for financial institutions adapting syndication strategies?
- Identifying the short term and long-term opportunities for debt syndication in Asia
- Unlocking syndicated loans for emerging markets
- Understanding relationship between borrowers & lenders - How to create a long-lasting alliance